Here are our top tips for a successful flatlay:
- Ensure you have a good source of light, we use studio lights to take our product shots, but natural light, near a window is a good option too.
- Find a worthy (and basic) background. This can be a white sheet, lounge room floor, plywood, grass or anything flat!
- Get your camera way up high. For us this means using our trusty tripod. You could use a chair, table, bed or anything that allows you to get that perfect aerial view.
- Style your clothes, fold the sleeves in and create details in the pieces like folding the cuffs of the sleeves.
- Make sure there is space between your items to create balance within the frame. Take a few test shots and move items around to see what works.
- Throw in some fun accessories!
- Get snapping.
Be sure to tag us @tinytribe on Instagram when you upload your snaps!